THE RECREATION PORTION OF BANTAMSPORTS.COM IS GOING THROUGH SOME RENOVATIONS AND SOME PAGES MAY NOT COME UP. THESE RENOVATIONS WILL BE DONE BY 1/22/19. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT CHRIS FONTE IN THE RECREATION OFFICE. YOU CAN REACH HIM AT CFONTE@TRINCOLL.EDU OR 860-297-2104. THANKS AND SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE!
The Recreation Office is located in Trinity Commons offices 120 & 121. Students, staff and faculty are welcome to come down to the office to see what recreation opportunities are available.
Recreation has many areas including intramural sports, club sports, fitness & well-being, outdoor education and informal recreation.
- Intramural Sports are organized each semester to offer a variety of sports competitions. Teams can compete in various men’s, women’s and co-ed sports with teams from campus organizations, residence halls or independent teams vying for the championship for each sport.
- Club Sports involve working as a team dedicated to a competitive schedule with other institutions. With the assistance of the Recreation Director, club members can hire a coach, schedule matches, and organize club practices. Students are the driving force behind the club offerings.
- Fitness & Wellbeing: The recreation program offers classes such as Zumba, yoga, Spinning, barre, and other opportunities that improve wellness and fitness.
- Outdoor Education is the latest recreation program that offers various outdoor related trips and events. Most OE programs take place over weekends and during college recesses taking advantage of the surrounding outside environment of southern New England. Each semester there is a full list of trips that students can register for. Previous trips include: ice climbing in the Adirondacks, backpacking in the Grand Canyon, canoeing in the Florida Everglades, and hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
- Space & Equipment, Recreation equipment is available to borrow from the front desk of Ferris when you leave an ID for individual items available. Campus organizations may also reserve equipment for their events when filling out the equipment check out order form.
- January, winter break: Canoe camping in the Florida Everglades National Park, FL
- March, spring break: Climbing and hiking around the southwest desert of AZ, (Sedona & Phoenix).
Alcohol & Drug Policy: