This Week: Coming off a non-conference win against Anna Maria last Saturday, the Trinity College men’s basketball program opens up its conference slate, traveling to Maine to take on Bowdoin and #12 Colby.
Trinity (9-4) vs. Bowdoin (4-6)
Friday, January 10, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Morrell Gymnasium — Brunswick, Maine
Series History: Dating back to 1946-47, the Bantams are 51-23 against the Polar Bears.
Recent History: The Bantams took last season’s contest, beating Bowdoin 66-56 at home.
Trinity (9-4) vs. #12 Colby (11-0)
Saturday, January 11. 2020 at 3 p.m.
Wadsworth Gymnasium — Waterville, Maine
Series History: The Mules hold a 33-29 overall record over the Bantams, dating back to 1937-38.
Recent History: Trinity took last year’s contest at the buzzer, handing Colby a 62-60 loss inside Oosting Gymnasium.
Notes and Numbers:
- Colby was listed at #12 in the country in last week’s national poll, and will be the second nationally-ranked program to play Trinity this season.
- Bantam senior Kyle Padmore (Wilton, Mass.) was named NESCAC player of the week after a stellar three-game stint. The senior averaged 15 points, five rebounds and nine assists per game, and was named to the Trinity Holiday Invitational all-tournament team.
- Trinity is averaging just over 80 points per game, shooting an impressive 45.2% from the floor and 33% from three-point range.
- All five starters are averaging at least 10 points per game.
- Junior Donald Jorden (Tampa, Fla.) leads the NESCAC in field goal percentage, shooting 67% on the season; he’s averaging 11.2 points and 11.2 rebounds per game