This Week: After splitting its first two games of NESCAC action last weekend, the Trinity College men’s basketball program returns to the hardwood Friday night, taking on cross-town NESCAC rival Wesleyan at home. The contest will also double as Team IMPACT Night, where both teams will have Team IMPACT players present.
Trinity (10-5) vs. Wesleyan (9-5)
Friday, January 17, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Oosting Gymnasium — Hartford, Conn.
Series History: Traveling back 112 years to the two program’s last meeting, the Bantams hold a slight advantage with a 96-94 overall record against the Cardinals.
Recent History: Last season, the Bantams defeated the Cardinals at home 75-69; Trinity has taken two of the last three contests.
Notes and Numbers:
- The Bantams have owned the boards this season; this season, the Bantams have averaged 44.1 rebounds a game, good for second-best in the conference. The team is currently a +8 against all opponents at the glass.
- Junior Donald Jorden (Tampa, Fla.) is second in the NESCAC in rebounds per game, averaging 11.2 through 15 games this season.
- Senior Kyle Padmore (Milton, Mass.) is currently fourth in the NESCAC in assists, averaging 4.3 per game.
- Four players are averaging double-digit pointer per game; Trinity’s everyday starters have accounted for 57.5 points per game, with the team averaging 80.6 points per game.
- Last year, Jorden had a double-double and Padmore chipped in six assists in the Bantams’ 75-69 win over the Cardinals.