This Week: The Trinity College men's basketball team opened its 2019-20 season with a double-digit win versus Bard College, before falling in heartbreaking fashion to UMass - Dartmouth on Saturday. This week, the Bantams host St. Joseph’s College on Tuesday night in its home opener before travelling to Manhattanville to play Morrisville State on Friday at the AJ Buchanan Classic. The Bantams will play once more on Saturday, with the team to be determined
History versus St. Joseph: This will be the first time in Trinity history that the Bantams will face off against the Blue Jays. This is St. Joseph’s second season, where they went 16-12 in the first official NCAA season.
History versus Morrisville State: This is will be the first time in Trinity history that the Bantams will play against the Mustangs as well. Last year, Morrisville State went 23-5, making it to the first round of the NCAA Championship.
- With this first meeting against St. Joseph’s, legendary coach Jim Calhoun will be in attendance to watch the in-state match-up.
- This is also the first time the Bantams are playing in the AJ Buchanan Classic at Manhattanville.
- This past weekend was the first time since January 19th that the Bantams have put up more than 90 points to beat Bard College.
- Senior Christian Porydzy (South Glastonbury, Conn.) is leading the squad in scoring through two games, averaging 14.5 points per game. Porydzy shot 50% from the floor over the weekend and earned a spot on the all-tournament team.
- Junior Colin Donovan (Westborough, Mass.) is second in the team in scoring, averaging 13 points per game. Donovan scored 14 points in their previous game, while grabbing six rebounds and giving out 5 assists.
- Junior Donald Jorden (Tampa, Fla.) leads the squad in rebounds, averaging 11.5 rebounds per game and receiving a double-double this past weekend with 10 points and 17 rebounds versus UMass Dartmouth. Since the opening weekend, Jorden also leads in the team in deflections per game, averaging 8.5.