This Week: The Trinity College men’s basketball program will look to bounce back from last weekend with a productive week, hosting non-league Pine Manor Wednesday evening before traveling to Connecticut College on Saturday. The Bantams will look to get a win column in NESCAC play this weekend, and will use Wednesday’s final non-league contest to prepare for a busy two months of conference play.
Trinity (10-6) vs. Pine Manor (4-14)
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Oosting Gymnasium — Hartford, Conn.
Series History: The two programs met three years ago, with Trinity taking all three contests
Recent History: Last season, the Bantams took care of business at home against the Gators, winning 91-79.
Trinity (10-6) vs. Connecticut College (3-12)
Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 1 p.m.
Luce Field House — New London, Conn.
Series History: Dating back to 1978-79, Trinity holds a commanding 45-10 record against the Camels.
Recent History: Trinity took care of business last season at home against Connecticut College, winning 73-62.
Notes and Numbers:
- Junior Donald Jorden (Tampa, Fla.) continues to impress for Trinity offensively; he currently leads the NESCAC in field goal percentage (68.6%), and is averaging 11 points and 11 rebounds per game this season.
- The Bantams offense has stayed consistent all season; the team is averaging 80 points per game, and is shooting 45% from the floor (32% from beyond the arc).
- Senior Nick Seretta (Greenfield, Mass.) joins Jorden with a stellar shooting percentage, averaging 51% from the floor.
- The Bantams are riding a two-game losing streak, falling to #12 Colby on the 11th and to Wesleyan last Friday.
- Trinity will compete in its final non-league contest of the season Wednesday, taking on Pine Manor at home.