Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

#2 Men’s Ice Hockey Nets Seven in First Shutout Win of 2020

#2 Men’s Ice Hockey Nets Seven in First Shutout Win of 2020

Hartford, Conn. – The #2 Trinity College men’s ice hockey program cruised to its second straight non-conference victory, taking care of Suffolk University (4-8-1) in front of its home crowd 7-0. Once again, the Bantams saw at least five different scorers, improving to 9-1 on the season.

Sophomore Lucas Michaud (South Portland, Maine) led the Bantams offensively, scoring two goals and adding two assists. Trinity has scored 16 goals in its last two games, taking down Plymouth State Friday night 9-2.

Similar to Friday night, the Bantams struck inside the first two minutes of the first period. After a shot that sailed over the crossbar from junior James Callahan (Gladstone, N.J.), sophomore Cole Poliziani (Burlington, Ontario) was there for the rebound; he wrapped around the right pipe and tucked in his second of the season to give the Bantams a 1-0 lead.

Less than two minutes later, the hosts doubled its lead. Junior Devin Moore (Danville, N.H.) netted his third goal in two games at the 16:10 marker, seeing an assist credited to senior Barclay Gammill (New Cannan, Conn.) to make it 2-0.

With 11 minutes left in the first, Trinity struck once again to make it 3-0. First-year Riley Prattson (Tolland, Conn.) broke up a play in the neutral zone and led an odd-man rush. He fed senior Adam Anderson (Lino Lakes, Minn.), who touched it back to Prattson for the one-time tally.

Suffolk had its first breakaway opportunity with 7:02 left in the second period. Devin Lowe caused a Trinity turnover in the neutral zone, but senior Liam Feeney (Foxborough, Mass.) was able to track him down and breakup the shot with a diving effort.

After a scoreless second period, it took the Bantams just 57 seconds to net its fourth of the game. Sophomore Lucas Michaud (South Portland, Maine) received a pass from junior Michael Grande (West Chester, Pa.) and fired a rocket to extend Trinity’s lead.

With 15:51 remaining in the period, Trinity scored its fifth of the contest. In a four-on-four situation, Michaud was the one who put the puck home, seeing assists from Grande and junior Timothy Weinstein (Norwood, Mass.).

The Bantam offense continued to light the lamp, seeing a sixth goal with under ten minutes remaining. Junior Dylan Healey (Goshen, N.Y.) was on the back end of two great passes from Feeney and Gammill, tapping home Trinity’s first power play goal of the evening.

With 1:42 remaining, Trinity netted its final goal of the evening. Junior Taggart Corriveau (New Britain, Conn.) produced his first goal of the season, with assists from Michaud and Gammill.

Five players saw a two-point performance in Saturday’s dominating win; Grande, Weinstein, Moore, Michaud, and Gammill.

With the win, the Bantams earn its first shutout victory of the season. Sophomore Jonah Capriotti (Mount Hope, Ontario) picked up his third win of the season, making 22 saves in the win.

The Bantams resume conference play next week, traveling to Middlebury on Friday for a 7 p.m. puck drop.