THIS WEEK: The Trinity College men's soccer team enters the week with a 2-8 record ahead of three home games. The Bantams welcome Western Connecticut State to town on Tuesday evening before facing off against Middlebury on Saturday and Tufts on Sunday of Homecoming Weekend in Hartford.
WCSU Series History: Trinity is 10-6-3 all-time against the Colonials since the fall of 1983.
Recent history against the Colonials: Trinity defeated WCSU, 1-0. last fall thanks to a late, first-half goal.
Middlebury Series History: Trinity is 6-23-5 versus the Panthers dating back to the first-ever match played in 1965.
Recent history against the Panthers: Middlebury came away with a 1-0 victory over Trinity last fall in Vermont.
Tufts Series History: Trinity is 5-28-7 versus the Jumbos dating back to the first-ever match played in 1948.
Recent history against the Jumbos: Tufts scored twice in the second half to come away with a 2-0 victory over the Bantams in Medford.
- Trinity leads the league in saves with 67 and is third in the NESCAC with a .118 shot percentage. The Bantams have scored ten goals and tallied 11 assists to date.
- Sophomore Alistair Matule assisted on Trinity's lone goal versus Wesleyan and scored the lone Bantam tally against Bowdoin last week. Matule leads the squad this season with seven points and three goals.
- Rookie Everett Lyons is tied for seventh in the NESCAC with a .840 save percentage and ranks second in total saves (42). Lyons tallied 11 total saves in Trinity's pair of games last week.
- Sophomore John Mullin scored his first career goal in the 28th minute versus Wesleyan last week. Mullin is currently tied for second on the team in scoring with three points.
-Rookie Logan Peterson is tied for seventh in the NESCAC with three assists on the year. Sophomore Henry Belt is tied for 11th with two after assisting on the lone Bantam goal against the Polar Bears over the weekend.
- Trinity's three games this week are the final three home games of the regular season. The Bantams head to Wheaton College next Sunday (10/21) before wrapping up the regular season on the road at Amherst on October 24.