New Haven, Conn. - Senior Baset Chaudhry (Lahore, Pakistan) and juniors Parth Sharma (Jaipur, India) and junior Andres Vargas (Bogota, Colombia) posted 3-0 victories to lead the visiting Trinity College Bantams to an 8-1 win over the Yale University Bulldogs in men's squash action this evening at Brady Courts. Trinity, the 11-time, defending national intercollegiate champions, improves to 9-0 and extends the longest winning streak in the history of intercollegiate varsity sports to 211 matches in a row.
With the teams tied at 1-1, Trinity sophomore Antonio Salas (Mexico City, Mexico) came roaring back from a 2-0 deficit to win the third game, 13-11, and the fourth and fifth games, 11-9, and, 11-6. The Bantams took off from there, taking the final six matches by a combined score of 18-3. Chaudhry won at No. 1, Sharma at No. 2, and Vargas at No. 8. Sophomore Robert Berner (Greenwich, Conn.) gave Yale a 1-0 lead with a 3-0 triumph at No. 9.
1. TC- Baset Chaudhry d. Kenneth Chan, 3-0
2. TC- Parth Sharma d. Todd Ruth, 3-1
3. TC- Supreet Singh d. Hywel Robinson, 3-1
4. TC- Vikram Malholtra d. Aaron Fuchs, 3-0
5. TC- Randy Lim d. John Roberts, 3-1
6. TC- Antonio Salas d. Richard Dodd, 3-2
7. TC- Chris Binnie d. Naishadh Lalwani, 3-1
8. TC- Andres Vargas d. Ryan Dowd, 3-0
9. Y- Robert Berner d. Reinhold Hergeth, 3-0
Trinity (Conn.) 8, Yale 1