Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College men's tennis team dropped a match to the Bates College Bobcats on Tuesday afternoon in a New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) battle at the Assaiante Tennis Courts in Hartford. The Bantams fall to 1-10 overall while Bates improves to 5-7. Trinity returns to action on Saturday for a conference match in Clinton, New York against Hamilton College.
Junior Courtland Boyle and first-year Ross DeRose (Buffalo, N.Y.) teamed up to win at the top doubles position with an 8-1 victory over Josh Quijano and Dylan Davis. Bates came out on top in the other two doubles matches to open a 2-1 lead heading to singles play. There, the Bobcats cruised, taking five of the six matches to come away with the victory. Junior Christopher Bilicic (Chicago, Ill.) triumphed for the Bantams at No. 3 singles, defeating Jacob Eisenberg, 6-2, 6-2.
1. T - Courtland Boyle/Ross DeRose d. Josh Quijano/Duane Davis, 8-1
2. B - Ben Eckardt/Nick Glover d. Chris Caskin/Dylan Powell, 8-4
3. B - Jacob Kauppila/Alex Kennedy d. Granville Kaynor/Christopher Bilicic, 8-6
1. B - Josh Quijano d. Granville Kaynor, 6-3, 6-4
2. B - Jacob Kauppila d. Ross DeRose, 7-5, 6-3
3. T - Christopher Bilicic d. Jacob Eisenberg, 6-2, 6-2
4. B - Ben Eckardt d. Dylan Powell, 6-3, 6-0
5. B - Alex Kennedy d. Chris Caskin, 6-2, 3-6, 10-4
6. B - Duane Davis d. Charles Kilborn, 6-2, 7-5
Bates 7, Trinity (Conn.) 2