Clinton, N.Y. - Sophomore Chris Bilicic (Chicago, Ill.) won in singles and doubles to lead the visiting Trinity College Bantams to a 5-4 victory over the Hamilton College Continentals in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) men's tennis action this afternoon at Tietje Family Center. Trinity improves to 2-10 overall and 1-7 in the NESCAC while dropping a six-match losing streak. The Continentals fall to 10-3 overall and 1-3 in the conference. The Bantams host No. 5-ranked Wesleyan in a conference match on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m., while Hamilton entertains Ithaca on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
Bilicic and sophomore Granville Kaynor (New Orleans, La.) won a close match at third doubles, 8-7 (3), while senior co-captain Chris Caskin (Potomac, Md.) and first-year Dylan Powell (Warwick, Bermuda) posted an 8-4 victory at second doubles to give Trinity a 2-1 lead entering singles play. Bantam rookie Charles Killborn (Winnetka, Ill.) won at No. 6 singles in straight sets, while Bilicic and rookie Ross DeRose (Buffalo, N.Y.) both came back from losses in the first set of their respective singles matches to take the second, 7-6, and the third, 6-3, to push Trinity to the win.
1. H- Rob Dotterer/Sam Farber d. Tanner Boyle/Ross DeRose, 8-5.
2. TC- Chris Caskin/Dylan Powell d. Danny Tsyvin/Max Zimmerman, 8-4.
3. TC- Chris Bilicic/Granville Kaynor d. Joe Reiner/Lars Scannell 8-7 (3).
1. H- Zimmerman d. Kaynor 2-6, 6-2, 7-6 (6).
2. TC- DeRose d. Farber 3-6, 7-6, 6-3.
3. TC- Bilicic d. Dotterer 2-6, 7-6, 6-3.
4. H- Tim Derby d. Powell 7-5, 6-1.
5. H- Reiner d. Caskin 6-3, 6-1.
6. TC- Charles Killborn d. Jafar Sharipov 7-5, 6-3.
Trinity (Conn.) 5, Hamilton 4