This Week: Looking for its first NESCAC win of the season, the Trinity College women’s ice hockey program will hit the road this weekend, playing at Hamilton Friday and Saturday. The Bantams are coming off two home defeats to Williams this past weekend, and will look to get back on track against the Continentals.
Trinity (5-5-2) vs. Hamilton (6-6)
Friday, January 17, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Russell Sage Rink — Clinton, N.Y.
Series History: Traveling back to the 1999-2000 season, the Bantams hold a 19-15-3 overall record.
Recent History: Last season, the two teams tied its first contest before the Bantams won game two 3-1; Trinity is 2-3-1 against the Continentals over the past three seasons.
Notes and Numbers:
- Junior Camille von Steinbergs (Minnetonka, Minn.) is currently third in the league in power play goals with three; she accounts for 60% of special teams goals this season, and leads the team with four goals. She’s also listed fourth in the NESCAC in defenseman scoring with eight total points.
- 16 players have scored at least one goal so far this season, with 19 gathering points through 12 games.
- Despite leading the league in penalty minutes, the Bantams have drawn 67 penalties for 140 minutes this season.
- Junior Sierra Lee (Ferguson’s Cove, Nova Scotia) continues to lead the Bantams with seven assists; she’s tied with von Steinbergs with eight points through 12 games.
- Both goaltenders for the Bantams hold a saver percentage over .900; senior Kai-Lily Karpman (Playa del Ray, Calif.) holds a .902 save percentage (185 saves) while first-year Stephanie Garvis (Plymouth, Minn.) holds a .957 save percentage through 184:51 minutes.