This Week: Looking for its first NESCAC win of the season, the Trinity College women's ice hockey program will play at home this weekend, hosting Amherst College Friday and Saturday. The Bantams are coming off two away defeats at Hamilton this past weekend, and will look to get some points against the Mammoths.
Trinity (5-7-2) vs. Amherst (8-4-3)
Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Koeppel Community Sports Center — Hartford, Conn.
Series History: Traveling back to the 1999-2000 season, the Bantams hold a 19-17-3 overall record.
Recent History: Last season, the Mammoths won 5-0 in the first contest before the Bantams came back and won game two 3-1; the Bantams later faced the Mammoths in the NESCAC Quarterfinal and fell 3-2 in overtime; Trinity is 3-5-1 against the Continentals over the past three seasons.
Notes and Numbers:
- Junior Camille von Steinbergs (Minnetonka, Minn.) is currently tied for first in the league in power play goals with three; she accounts for 60% of special teams goals this season, and leads the team with four goals. She's also listed third in the NESCAC in defenseman scoring with nine total points.
- 16 players have scored at least one goal so far this season, with 19 gathering points through 12 games.
- In last weekend's losses at Hamilton, the Bantams had defenseman account for five points on five goals.
- Junior Sierra Lee (Ferguson's Cove, Nova Scotia) continues to lead the Bantams with eight assists; she's tied with von Steinbergs with nine points through 14 games.
- Both goaltenders for the Bantams hold a save percentage over .900; senior Kai-Lily Karpman (Playa del Ray, Calif.) holds a .903 save percentage (185 saves) while first-year Stephanie Garvis (Plymouth, Minn.) holds a .957 save percentage through 184:51 minutes.