This Week: The Trinity College women's ice hockey program plays hosts Bowdoin this weekend, and will look to pick up its first NESCAC win of the season. The Bantams are coming off two loses at #2 Middlebury this past weekend, and took down Bowdoin once already this season in a non-league bout.
Trinity (5-11-4) vs. Bowdoin (7-9-3)
Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Koeppel Community Sports Center — Hartford, Conn.
Series History: The Bantams are 13-23-4 against the Polar Bears since the 1998-99 season.
Recent History: In January, the bantams traveled to Bowdoin, winning 2-1 in overtime. Last season, the Polar Bears and Bantams closed the regular season in Hartford; the Bantams took both contests, winning 3-2 in overtime the first game then 3-2 the second.
Notes and Numbers:
- Junior Camille von Steinbergs (Minnetonka, Minn.) is currently tied for fourth in the league in power play goals with three; she's also tied for the team-lead in goals with sophomore Cassidy McNeeley (South Easton, Mass.) with five goals. She's also listed eighth in the NESCAC in defenseman scoring with nine total points.
- McNeeley has been on fire since the start of 2020, and is second on the team with 10 points.
- Junior Sierra Lee (Ferguson's Cove, Nova Scotia) continues to lead the Bantams in points with 14; she currently is tied for second in the league in assists with 12.
- Sophomore Ellie Fellows (Westport, Mass.) she tied with von Steinbergs for third on the team with nine points.
- First-year Stephanie Garvis (Plymouth, Minn.) played game one against Middlebury this past Friday, making 35 saves. Senior Kai-Lilly Karpman (Playa del Ray, Calif.) followed making 37 saves against Middlebury the following day.