Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Lux Leads Trinity Women's Soccer Past Bates

Colleen Lux '22 scored two goals
Colleen Lux '22 scored two goals

Lewiston, Maine - Sophomore back Colleen Lux (Shaker Heights, Ohio) scored twice to lead the visiting Trinity College Bantams to a 3-0 victory over the Bates College Bobcats in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) women's soccer action this afternoon on Russell Street Field.  Trinity improves to 3-5-1 overall and 2-3 in the NESCAC while snapping a three-game winless streak (0-2-1).  Bates drop to 1-7-1 overall and 0-5 in the league with its third loss in a row.  Trinity hosts NESCAC rival Hamilton in its next game on Saturday at 11 a.m., and Bates visits league foe Wesleyan on the same day at the same time.

Trinity scored all three of the game's goals in the second half.  Trinity senior back Kelly Lucas (Ludlow, Mass.) and rookie forward Delaney Markham (Winchester, Mass.) teamed up to find junior forward Amelia Kroschwitz (Byfield, Mass.) for the first score of the afternoon in the 55th minute.  In the 73rd minute, the Bantams earned a corner kick and Lucas delivered a beautiful left-footed feed to Lux who headed it in from 10 yards out to extend the Trinity lead to 2-0.  One minute later, Bantam senior midfielder Olga Koszykowska (New Britain, Conn.) lofted the ball ahead into the box and Lux collided with the Bates keeper, while getting her head on the ball enough to nudge it toward the net. The Bobcats failed with their attempted to clear the ball before it crossed the goal line.

The Bantams tallied 21 shots and 12 shots on goal. Junior goalkeeper Katherine Nuckols (Los Angeles, Calif.) made nine saves on the afternoon for the Bobcats.  Trinity held Bates (1-7-1, 0-5 NESCAC) to just seven shots and no shots on goal before the 75th minute.  Trinity junior goalkeeper Taylor O'Connor (Danvers, Mass.) made a pair of saves to collect her first shutout of the fall.  Trinity earned six corner kicks to Bates' one. It proved to be a very clean match, with only 11 combined fouls called throughout the afternoon.