Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College Bantams put an exclamation point on their best women's squash dual-match season in 11 years with an 8-1 triumph over the visiting Princeton University Tigers this afternoon at Kellner Center. Trinity completes the regular campaign with a 13-1 record, its best since a perfect 11-0 mark en route to the program's second-straight Howe Cup Championship title in 2003, and is assured of the No. 2 seed in next weekend's Howe Cup Tournament at Princeton. The Tigers drop to 9-4 and will be seeded No. 5 in the Howe Cup.
Trinity won the first five matches, including a dramatic five-setter by junior Natalie Babjukova (Prague, Czech Roublic) in the No. 6 position that say her lose the first two games before taking the last three by a combined score of 33-17. Four Bantams posted 3-0 victories including senior co-captain Catalina Pelaez (Bogota. Colombia), who has not lost this winter, and classmate Jennifer Pelletier (Richmond Hill, Ontario) who were each playing at home for the final time.
1. TC - Kanzy El Defrawy d. Maria Elena Ubina, 11-4, 11-4, 11-8
2. TC - Catalina Pelaez d. Libby Eyre, 11-3, 11-2, 11-6
3. TC - Wee Nee Low d. Nicole Bunyan, 11-9, 5-11, 11-1, 11-5
4. TC- Anna Kimberley d. Rachel Leizman, 11-7, 11-7, 11-5
5. TC - Ashley Tidman d. Alex Lunt, 7-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-6, 11-8
6. TC - Natalie Babjukova d. Hallie Dewey, 8-11, 7-11, 11-6, 11-6, 11-5
7. PC - Alex Sawin d. Sachika Balvani, 11-8, 11-9, 11-2
8. TC - Jennifer Pelletier d. Alexandra Toth, 11-8, 11-4, 11-9
9. TC - Chanel Erasmus d. Tara Harrington, 11-6, 11-6, 5-11, 11-9
Trinity (Conn.) 8 v. Princeton 1