Hartford, Conn. – Senior co-captain Kanzy El-Defrawy (Cairo, Egypt) won the clinching match in dominant fashion, allowing just eight total points in a 3-0 victory at the top of the ladder, to lead the Trinity College Bantams to a home-opening victory over the Dartmouth College Big Green in women's squash action this evening at Kellner Center. Trinity, ranked No. 6 in the nation, improves to 3-1 with its third win in a row, while the Big Green drop to 2-2 with their first loss in three matches.
Trinity led, 2-1, after the first wave thanks to a 3-0 victory by sophomore Julia LeCoq (Creteil, France) in the No. 3 spot and a 3-1 win by classmate Karolina Holinkova (Krnov, Czech Republic) at No. 6. Bantam sophomores Raneem Sharaf (Giza, Egypt) and Salma El Defrawy (Cairo, Egypt) posted 3-0 triumphs in the second wave for a 4-2 Bantam advantage, and Kanzy El Defrawy, fellow senior co-captain Sachika Balvani (Mumbai, India) and junior Alexia Echeverria (San Salvador, El Salvador) finished it off with a sweep of the third wave.
1. TC- Kanzy El Defrawy d. Jackie Barnes, 11-2, 11-3, 11-3
2. TC- Raneem Sharaf d. Tori Dewey, 11-5, 11-1, 11-4
3. TC – Julia LeCoq d. Becky Brownell, 11-4, 11-2, 11-5
4. TC- Sachika Balvani d. Lydie McKenzie, 11-7, 11-6, 12-10
5. TC- Salma El Defrawy d. Zainab Molani, 11-6, 11-5, 11-6
6. TC- Karolina Holinkova d. Emma Roberts, 11-1, 5-11, 11-7, 11-6
7. TC- Alexia Echeverria d. Carly Rizzuto, 11-3, 11-2, 11-6
8. D- Janel Gaube d. Jillian Davey, 10-12, 9-11, 3-11
9. D- Maddie Fraser d. Katiria Sanchez, 11-7, 6-11, 5-11, 11-9, 10-12
Trinity (Conn.) 7, Dartmouth 2