Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College women's tennis team dropped a 6-3 match to the visiting Colby College Mules on Saturday morning in a New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) women's tennis match in Hartford. The Bantams fall to 2-7 overall while the Mules improve to 6-5 with the win. The Bantams return to action on Sunday for another conference match, this time versus Connecticut College at 10 a.m.
Trinity juniors Elena Pellegrini (Leghorn, Italy) and Julia Brogan (Falmouth, Maine) teamed up to win at the No. 1 doubles match, downing their counterparts by an 8-5 score. Bantam first-year Marta Drausnik (Zagreb, Croatia) added a win for the hosts in singles play, defeating Colby's Gabriela Venditti, 6-4, 6-0, in the No. 2 singles match, while rookie Ashley Walker (New Canaan, Conn.) competed in the match of the day at the No. 6 position. Wilkins went down, 6-2, to Jessica Tsai in the first set before coming back with a 7-6 win of the second set. Wilkins battled to a 12-10 win in set three to win the match for the Bantams.
1. T - Elena Pellegrini/Julia Brogan d. Lydia Venditti/Jessica Tsai, 8-5
2. C - Gabriela Venditti/Callie Nesbitt d. Marta Drausnik/Jillian Winer, 8-4
3. C - Carly Levitz/Lindsey Hernandez d. Lily Everett/Janie Weber, 8-2
1. C - Carly Levitz d. Elena Pellegrini, 6-2, 6-0
2. T - Marta Drausnik d. Gabriela Venditti, 6-4, 6-0
3. C - Lydia Venditti d. Julia Brogan, 7-5, 6-3
4. C - Callie Nesbitt d. Krista Jiranek, 6-1, 7-5
5. C - Katharine Dougherty d. Jillian Winer, 6-3, 6-1
6. T - Ashley Walker d. Jessica Tsai, 2-6, 7-6, 12-10