Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College women's tennis squad came away with a 7-2 victory over the Connecticut College Camels on Sunday at home. The Bantams improve to 3-7 on the year and pick up their first win in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) while Conn College falls to 8–8 overall and remain winless in the conference.
Trinity picked up a pair of wins in doubles action to jump out to a 2-1 lead. Juniors Elena Pellegrini (Leghorn, Italy) and Julia Brogan (Falmouth, Maine) won for the second time in as many days at the No. 1 doubles spot, defeating their counterparts by an 8-1 score. Junior tri-captain Jillian Winer (Bolton, Mass.) and rookie Marta Drausnik (Grazeb, Croatia) won as a tandem at the No. 2 doubles spot as well.
The Bantams won all but one singles match to cruise to victory. Brogan dominated at No. 3, winning by two 6-0 scores, while Drausnik won, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 2. Trinity junior Krista Jiranek (Owings Mill, Md.) battled in the No. 5 match, winning the first set, 6-4, before falling in set two, 3-6. Jiranek came back to take the third set by a 10-7 score and earn the victory.
1. T - Elena Pellegrini/Julia Brogan d. Mariah Warren/Brooke Scully, 8-1
2. T - Jillian Winer/Marta Drausnik d. Skylar Morgan/Meredith Kenny, 8-3
3. C - Emily Migliorini/Brinley Bartlett d. Morgan Wilkins/Krista Jiranek, 8-6
1. C - Emily Migliorini d. Elena Pellegrini, 5-3 (ret.)
2. T - Marta Drausnik d. Stephanie Simon, 6-0, 6-1
3. T - Julia Brogan d. Brooke Scully, 6-0, 6-0
4. T - Krista Jiranek d. Skylar Morgan, 6-4, 3-6, 10-7
5. T - Jillian Winer d. Rachel Weiss, 6-0, 6-2
6. T - Ashley Walker d. Paige Braithewaite, 6-3, 6-4
Trinity (Conn.) 7, Connecticut College 2