THIS WEEK: The Trinity College volleyball team improved to 7-3 after going 2-1 last week. with wins over Plymouth State and Rhode Island College. This week, the Bantams host New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) in-state rival Wesleyan on Friday night before playing host to Connecticut College on Saturday afternoon.
Friday, Sept. 28, at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 29, at 2 p.m.
- The Bantams is third in the NESCAC in total attacks (1463) and second in service aces (92). Trinity is also fifth in the conference in assists (421) and second in digs per set (18.36, 39th in country).
- Senior co-captain Rachel Underwood is second in the NESCAC in total scoring (140.5 points) and is tied for fifth with 110 kills. She also leads the entire conference with 26 aces to go along with 123 digs (10th in NESCAC). Underwood finished with seven aces last week and three total blocks as well.
- Sophomore Ali Odermann ranks fourth in the conference in digs with 172 (4.53 d/s). Odermann averaged 15.6 digs per game last week and also tallied four service aces.
- Junior Colette Scheffers ranks eighth in the conference with 2.96 kills per set. Classmate Wyllie Boughton is sixth in the NESCAC with 22 blocks after recording seven last week. Boughton tied a season-high with ten kills against Plymouth State while recorded 14 kills in Trinity's victory over Rhode Island College.
- Sophomore Jessica Yang is fifth in the NESCAC with 304 total assists and is seventh with 7.79 assists per set. Yang averaged 32.3 assists per set in Trinity's games last week and added seven kills, five aces and four blocks from the setter position.
- Rookie Ally Conde set a new career-high with ten kills in Trinity's victory over Rhode Island College. Conde posted a stellar .533 hitting percentage against the Anchormen and also added four blocks. She currently ranks second on the team in both hitting percentage (.193) and total blocks (13).