THIS WEEK: The Trinity College volleyball team improved to 8-4 after splitting a pair of conference games last week, with a loss to in-state rival Wesleyan University and a thrilling, 3-2 win over Connecticut College. This week, the Bantams travel to Brunswick, Maine to face New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) foe Bowdoin College on Friday night before playing the Tufts University Jumbos in Medford on Saturday.
Friday, Oct. 5, at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 6, at 1 p.m.
- The Bantams is third in the NESCAC in total attacks (1838) and third in service aces (108). Trinity is also fourth in the conference in assists (526) and first in digs per set (19.04).
- Senior co-captain Rachel Underwood is third in the NESCAC in total scoring (175.5 points) and is tied for fourth with 140 kills. She also leads the entire conference with 31 aces to go along with 147 digs (9th in NESCAC). Underwood averaged ten kills per match last week, tallying 17 against Wesleyan and 13 versus Connecticut College.
- Sophomore Jessica Yang tallied 86 total assists (9.56 assists per set) last week. Yang set a season-high with 49 assists in a 3-2 victory over Connecticut College and recorded a career-high 32 digs against the Camels. Yang also recorded a pair of aces and three blocks during the week. She ranks seventh in the NESCAC in assists per set (8.13) and sixth in total assist (390).
- Sophomore Ali Odermann ranks fourth in the NESCAC in total digs (223) and sixth in digs per set (4.74). Odermann tallied 51 digs in both games last week, including 26 versus Wesleyan on Friday.
- Rookie Hareena Johnson finished with seven kills and a .263 hitting percentage in Trinity's victory over Connecticut College. Johnson also recorded her first career aces (2) and tallied seven digs.